MODEL YEAR 1957
Austin Healey 100-6 BN4
Engine#: IC H 365...
1st Reg. date: 1957
Color: Ice Blue Metallic over Cream White
Interior: Dark Blue Leather with White piping
The Austin-Healey 100-6 is a two-seat roadster that was announced in late September 1956 and produced from 1956 to 1959. A replacement for the Austin-Healey 100, it was followed by the Austin-Healey 3000; together, the three models have become known as the Big Healeys.
The 100-6 featured a 2 in (50.8 mm) longer wheelbase than the 100, a more powerful straight-six engine in place of its slightly larger inline-four, and added two occasional seats (which later became optional). The body lines were slightly streamlined, a smaller, wider radiator grille placed lower, an air scoop was added to the bonnet, and the windscreen fixed.
The 100-6 was produced in two model designators, the 2+2 BN4 from 1956 onwards and the 2-seat BN6 in 1958–9. The cars used a tuned version of the BMC C-Series engine previously fitted to the Austin Westminster, initially producing 102 bhp (76 kW) and increased in 1957 to 117 bhp (87 kW) by fitting a revised manifold and cylinder head. The previously standard overdrive unit was made optional.
In late 1957 production was transferred from Longbridge to the MG plant at Abingdon.
14,436 100-6s were produced before production ended in 1959.
A 117 bhp (87 kW) BN6 was tested by The Motor magazine in 1959 had a top speed of 103.9 mph (167.2 km/h) and could accelerate from 0-60 mph (97 km/h) in 10.7 seconds. A fuel consumption of 20.8 miles per imperial gallon (13.6 L/100 km; 17.3 mpg‑US) was recorded. The test car cost £1307 including taxes of £436.
We are very pleased to offer for sale this beautiful and matching numbers early Austin Healey 100-6 BN4.
Concourse restoration concluded very recently starting from a very solid and complete car. The vehicle is in perfect running and driving condition with valid MOT and Classic Vehicle Certification issued this last month.
The car is offered with valid Portuguese plates and registration.
Can be viewed by appointment in Portugal